CARING FOR YOUR XIKAR LIGHTER
- Before storing lighters, empty all fuel.
- If your lighter has not been used for a long period of time and it appears to be no longer working, empty all fuel from the lighter and then refuel and adjust the flame level.
CLEANING YOUR XIKAR LIGHTER
- Occasionally dust and lint can clog the valves, causing issues. To clear obstructions such as these, blow a burst of air into the ignition valve and fuel valve when empty.
- Wipe the body of the lighter with a damp washcloth to remove any debris. Do not use cleaning solvents on lighter. Never submerge you’re lighter in water.
BLEEDING AND FILLING
- To release air pockets, bleed your lighter each time before you fill it, even if it is brand new. To release all tank pressure, press on the inlet valve with a small screwdriver or multi-tool. Hold the lighter right side up while bleeding the valve and repeat until all fuel/gas pressure is released.
- While holding upside down, insert butane tank tip directly on the fuel valve. Press down firmly for about 2-3 seconds. Before igniting the lighter wait 3-4 minutes for excess butane to evaporate and for the butane inside the lighter to reach room temperature.
- Set flame level to the desired height by turning the flame adjustment wheel.